Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amazing Opportunity

This was written last week and I thought I published it...obviously not! So here goes try #2.

Ever since I graduated from college I have wanted to do graphic design work. I mean, after all, that is what I studied, right? Well, I have done a few odds and ends jobs but nothing too big. I did some business cards for my dad and my father-in-law. I was given the opportunity to do our church's logo and bulletin- I wasn't happy with the final product at all. I've never done anything too big though- and I've never gotten paid for my design work (except by my dad- he bought me dishes!). That's about to change! I have now been asked to design the gymnasium floor of our church's school. This is huge to me. When I was approached to do this project I was stunned. I couldn't believe they were asking me to do it....and then they said that it was a paid job. THANK YOU LORD! You see, Jeremiah has been trying to find a second job for quite some time and I feel bad that I cannot really contribute to our finances, outside of my 9-5 job. I do freelance photography/graphic design, but business is really slow right now. I hate that the only extra income is from work Jeremiah has to find. This was such a hugh answer to prayer. Pray that I will have the guidance and skill it takes to complete a successful design for the school and that it will possibly open the door to more design/photography opportunities. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

1 comment: